PackMan is a utility to help install and maintain applications and other components
of a RISC OS computer.
This is version 0.6 (Beta version).
It should be feature complete, but may contain some rough edges and
bugs. Please send me feedback to improve this application.
Contact details are in the application Help.
This is an alternative frontend for packages in the
RISC OS Packaging Project format.
- A list of the packages with a summary of their purpose.
- A status bar giving extra information on the selected packages.
- The ability to filter the list by category, or if they are installed or have an upgrade.
- Find a package by searching the package names and description
- Single click on a button or menu item to start the Install, Upgrade or Remove
- And much more...
If you are already using !RiscPkg or have a previous release of PackMan
just use it to install or upgrade the PackMan package from the main RISC OS
Packaging project source
If you are not using !RiscPkg follow the following steps
- Ensure you have a program that can decompress zip files. (e.g. !SparkPlug).
- If not already installed, download and copy the SharedUnixLibrary (SharedULib)
to !System.Modules.310. A copy is in the zip file that can be downloaded from
- Download a copy of packman from the packaging website at
- Once loaded drag the downloaded file to !SparkPlug or set the filetype
to Archive and double click on it.
- Navigate to the Apps.Admin directory in the Archive and drag the
!PackMan application to your hard disc.
- You can now double click on the application to run it.
- Please see the Help file for what to do now. The full help file requires
a browser to have been seen by the filer.